Quality Assistant IIIJob ID R-39528 Date Posted 05/25/2023 Location Burlingame, California
Organization:MPHS-Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
Position Overview:Identifies, collects, abstracts and submits data for utilization in performance improvement activities. Provides support to various quality review services related to the creation, maintenance, reporting, integration and validation of systems and data utilized for report generation. Performs the technical aspects related to data collection, management and analyses. Provides necessary data for focus studies and ensures the quality of statistical data.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements, and Qualifications are not exhaustive but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
- Ensures ongoing integrity of databases, identifying areas of weakness and working with Information Systems to problem-solve.
- Writes and compiles reports to meet the needs of the Department Director, Medical Staff, Administration, Department Managers and Directors, and Clinical Coordinators.
- When no existing program exists, utilize available resources to meet the data demand.
- Develops graphic materials, word processing documents, and statistical process control charts to support department and committee activities.
- Determines the best, most easily interpreted data display methodology for database information.
- Maintains the documentation for the Performance Improvement Plans. Produces charts and graphics relating to quality assurance, quality control, or performance improvement activities.
- Initiates and organizes quality/peer review activities.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and complete notification of events with subsequent correspondence to Medical Staff Services for inclusion in department-specific Quality Improvement Committees. Maintains outcomes of the peer review process in the IQS database.
- Maintains minutes and agendas for designated medical staff committees.
- Maintains Information. Validates integrity and completeness of data entry.
- Responds to and initiates inquiry into the quality review database for questions and clarifications of QAR analysis.
- Assists other key customers with data inquiries.
- Facilitates retrieval of medical records when reviews are required.
- Provides support to the monitoring and evaluation of patient care using appropriate study methodologies, data collection, data analysis, and report development.
- Abstracts historical and concurrent information from multiple department database sources to produce resource utilization, volume statistics, clinical practice, and other reports for clinical application.
- Conducts validity checks by comparing data from multiple sources and examining end results for interpretability and validity.
- Organizes all investigatory documents, letters of intent, and production of documents for legal cases.
- Maintains active files for all legal cases, ensuring all correspondence is included, as needed.
- Responds to all requests for services on legal cases: gathers and organizes all investigatory documents, letters of intent, and production of documents for legal cases, as needed.
- Assists the Coordinators with the production of documents needed for reporting high-risk events, as needed.
- Maintains Epic On-Call schedules.
- Organizes and conducts special projects.
- Participates in The Joint Commission (TJC) preparation activities.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education (GED) or equivalent education/experience
3 years of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have the ability to interface clinical interpretation with technical capabilities.
Ability to work with Microsoft Office, Med Series 4, Midas, or other relevant database applications, including, word processing and desktop publishing.
Demonstrated skill in database management is required.
Knowledge of health care systems is required. Knowledge of loss control principles, medical terminology, data abstraction principles, and guidelines.
Basic math, and clerical skills including word processing and effective communication (oral and written). Regulations regarding confidentiality and release of medical information and maintenance of effective workflow systems.
Ability to independently construct reports, graphics, correspondence, and a variety of written materials as well as verbal communication skills.
Basic understanding of the confidentiality issues involved in medical staff peer review monitoring, as well as infection control and risk management/litigation issues.
Must have the ability to organize multiple projects, bridge clinical management concepts with technical/systems capabilities, and produce professional, interpretable, accurate reports.
Must be self-directed and work independently to prioritize work activities.
The ability to work with highly confidential information professionally is required.
Database management, medical record review for data abstraction.
Verbal and written communication.
English writing and editing skills.
Customer services skills.
Pay Range: $34.00 - $49.31/HR
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:0
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.