Nursing AssistantJob ID R-38096 Date Posted 05/25/2023 Location Castro Valley, California
Organization:EMC - Eden Medical Center
Position Overview:Provides and assist in quality patient care in the Surgical Services Division under the supervision and direction of a registered nurse.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- HS Diploma
- Other: Completion of a Nursing Assistant program
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- CNA-Certified Nurse Assistant
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN
- 2 years CNA experience preferred
- Previous experience in direct patient care required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Assist with lifting, supporting, maneuvering, and adjusting the position of patients weighing over 200 pounds
- Ability to make fine discrimination in sound
- OSHA Risk Category I (High Risk)
- Occasionally pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Pay Range: $28.90 - $32.37/ hourly
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.