Registered Nurse II, Labor & Delivery Days 12Job ID R-31738 Date Posted 03/17/2023 Location Castro Valley, California
Organization:EMC - Eden Medical Center
Position Overview:Labor and Delivery - Staff Nurse II
Coordinates professional nursing care within the Labor and Delivery unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines; maintains standards of professional practice.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
• Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patient's conditions, develops individual care plans for patients, and evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan.
• Provides circulating and scrub nurse techniques, appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment in OR during C-sections. Maintains sterility in OR according to the AORN standards
• Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other disciplines as required and adjusts the nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
• Maintains documentation in the patient record.
• Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital and nursing standards.
• Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
• Attends meetings as required.
• Adheres to hospital and nursing departmental policies and procedures, objectives, CQI program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Prioritizes work and provides prompt and efficient service.
• Maintains effective communication with the physician and health team members.
• Monitors medical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to patient's comfort and privacy and expresses interest in their progress.
• Prepares patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing: Bachelor's Degree
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- ACLS- Advanced Life Support
- NRP- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE
- 2 years previous clinical experience in L&D and OB nursing and previous experience in nursery
- 2 years previous clinical experience in Nursery and OB nursing, previous clinical experience in L&D and Med/Surg
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to make fine discrimination in sound
- Ability to work with bodily fluids and substances
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- OSHA Risk Category I (High Risk)
- Assist with lifting, supporting, maneuvering, and adjusting the position of patients weighing over 200 pounds
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.