Department Coordinator- Sleep Center- Fremont (Limited Term)Job ID R-26608 Date Posted 03/16/2023 Location Fremont, California
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation ALD
Position Overview:Provides a variety of routine and specialized clerical and administrative duties in support of an ancillary unit. Execute a variety of clerical duties, prioritizes information and requests in a timely manner. Gains confidence and cooperation from staff, physicians, and other healthcare providers. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety. May also be responsible for orienting new staff to the department/unit.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
1 year typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical terminology, procedures, views, and equipment.
- Written and communication skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other personnel.
- Well-developed administrative, time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic health records (EHR), EPIC, and related information systems.
- Interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $30.51-$38.13
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Employee Status:Limited Term (Fixed Term)
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.