Patient Services Representative II, Call CenterJob ID R-36239 Date Posted 05/25/2023 Location Los Altos, California
We are so glad you are interested in joining Sutter Health!
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation CAD
Position Overview:Serves as the first point of contact for patients entering the medical facility. This job is intended for use by positions employed by an outpatient facility. Greets and checks-in patients, verifies information, schedules appointments, and updates Electronic Health record (EHR). Facilitates intake procedures such as completion of healthcare and insurance forms and collecting payments for services. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent job performance and effective communication. Adheres to all organizational, local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
• Checks-in patients and assures ensures all necessary authorizations are obtained prior to patient visits.
• Obtains patients medical history and insurance information to complete forms for processing purposes.
• Communicates with patients in a clear and professional manner to alleviate confusion and expedite processes.
• Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within established departmental time frames.
• Performs general clerical tasks, such as answering phones and greeting customers and patients on a daily basis.
• Prepares and completes accurate, job related documentation, including collecting, updating, and maintaining patient medical and insurance information.
• Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment, including organizing files and keeping desks free of loose papers and clutter.
• Performs job responsibilities in compliance with department standards, policies, and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulatory agencies to deliver the highest level of service.
• Maintains strictest confidence of all patient protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
1 year of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Basic knowledge of insurance policies and procedures, as well as patient billing.
Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
Ensure the privacy of each patient’s Protected Health Information (PHI).
Build collaborate relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
See required physical demands, mental components, visual activities & working conditions at the following link: Job Requirements
Pay Range: $26.47 - $33.08
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.