Supervisor- Quality Bariatric ProgramJob ID R-39427 Date Posted 05/25/2023 Location Oakland, California
Position Overview:Assists management in the activities of planning, organizing, and coordinating the integrated functions of the department. Supervises the general operations of the department, guiding the staff on a day-to-day basis including developing, conducting and reporting program audits; collecting, analyzing, and reporting data; developing and implementing quality improvement efforts; researching best practices and evidence-based practices and participating in program evaluation.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
• Provides visible line supervision including day-to day-employee supervision, priorities and workflows.
• Responsible for the ongoing smooth operation of operations to ensure a high-level of performance and addresses service deficiencies and problems as they arise.
• Collaborates with physicians, managers and team members to identify innovative programs that will impact facility growth, quality and/or efficiency.
• Serves as a resource to team, providing direction for issue/problem resolution and responding timely to escalated issues.
• Identifies areas of non-compliance or vulnerability, developing, recommending and implementing corrective action plans to address or minimize risk.
• Keeps leadership informed of operations, and escalates complex issues requiring higher level direction.
• Develops and implements standard work, processes and workflows to ensure effective and efficient operations while soliciting feedback from staff.
• Participates in departmental goal setting process and communicates goals to staff.
• Monitors staff productivity, ensuring optimal use of resources and makes appropriate changes in response to fluctuations in workload.
• Provides input to leadership chain of command on current and future needs of personnel to meet needs of clients and/or operational demands.
• May prepare reports and/or analyses, identifying operational trends and recurrent issues, and recommends and implements course of action.
• Assists in meeting financial targets by effectively managing and utilizing personnel and resources.
• Manages and monitors staffing to minimize labor costs.
• Monitors expenses and works with leadership to develop and implement corrective actions plans to address unfavorable variances.
• May participate in the operating and capital budgeting process.
• Supervises assigned staff, makes or provides input into hiring and termination decisions, develops work schedules, and reviews and approves timekeeping records.
• Sets and maintains expectations with all direct reports and holds individuals and work teams accountable.
• Evaluates staff performance and recommends associated merit increase. Provides constructive feedback, coaching and counseling. Implements disciplinary actions and/or performance improvement plans to achieve desired performance. Works with leadership when major disciplinary action is necessary and, if appropriate, in consultation with Human Resources.
• Provides opportunities for career development, role expansion, and cross-training.
• Develops department training and orientation plans, ensuring staff meets competency requirements and participates in appropriate education and training programs.
• Conducts staff meetings for informative and educational purposes.
• Responds timely to alleged violations of policies, procedures, regulations and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
• Ensures staff maintains current and appropriate professional credentials.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- HS Diploma: High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent education/experience
- 5 years of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Solid understanding of operations and workflows and how department’s process/workflow impacts other flows or departments.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable local, state, federal and other laws, regulations and requirements impacting department operations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team building, and coaching/mentoring with the ability to motivate and engage others.
- Ability to build and establish effective working partnership with employees, peers and/or leaders to achieve business objectives.
- Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects while delivering quality service/achieving business results.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues.
PAY RANGE: $39.12 - $58.68 / HOUR
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.