Patient Services Representative II, MRIJob ID R-39535 Date Posted 05/25/2023 Location Sacramento, California
Organization:SMF-Sutter Med Foundation- Central
Position Overview:Serves as the first point of contact for patients entering the medical facility. This job is intended for use by positions employed by an outpatient facility. Greets and checks-in patients, verifies information, schedules appointments, and updates Electronic Health record (EHR). Facilitates intake procedures such as completion of healthcare and insurance forms and collecting payments for services. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent job performance and effective communication. Adheres to all organizational, local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
- 1 year as typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Basic knowledge of insurance policies and procedures, as well as patient billing.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $20.24 - $26.31 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.