Registered Nurse, eICUJob ID R-30821 Date Posted 03/16/2023 Location Sacramento, California
Position Overview:Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct telemonitoring patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in assigned area. Develops, implements, manages/coordinates an optimal interdisciplinary plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws/regulations and codes to promote a quality, highly reliable patient experience. Engages in continuous growth and development in professional nursing practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- CCRN-Critical Care Registered Nurse within 6 months.
- NIHSS- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale within 6 months.
- 5 years recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated cardiovascular and/or heart failure knowledge and competence with regard to nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Knowledge of chronic disease management, and educating and coaching patients to self-manage their disease process.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook), Electronic Health Record.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborates relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay range: 69.15-90.58
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.