Surgery Scheduler III - San JoseJob ID R-31725 Date Posted 03/16/2023 Location San Jose, California
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation PAD
Position Overview:Maintains scheduling for surgical and specialized procedures for assigned department(s). Coordinates surgical services with physicians' offices, and other related departments and may be required to verify room and equipment availability. Responsible for documentation of patient's procedure and physician information; logs the completed procedures; and may generate a surgical procedure charge sheet. Performs additional associated duties as requested by manager, while simultaneously ensuring the accuracy of the schedule.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 2 years experience as typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement, data entry and scheduling programs.
- Verbal/written communication skills for frequent and challenging contact with physicians, employees, patients and patient families; requires patience and compassion.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments within the time allotted and maintain standard workflow.
- Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions.
- Active listening skills; including interpersonal skills and telephone communication.
- Ability to handle multiple procedures and interruptions throughout the day.
Pay Range: $28.29-$35.36
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:2
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.