Nursing Assistant, Med-Surg AcuteJob ID R-38528 Date Posted 05/25/2023 Location Tracy, California
We are so glad you are interested in joining Sutter Health!
Organization:STCH-Sutter Tracy Community Hosp
Position Overview:Performs routine patient care, support and services in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Integrates education, technical competence and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers. Exercises sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to support the patient's plan of care based on the diagnosis in a timely manner. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety to help deliver optimal patient care.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills, various medical procedures, views, and equipment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Builds and collaborates relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $23.71 - $29.63 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.